Social media marketing is a powerful way for companies of all sizes to reach potential and potential customers. Your customers are already interacting with brands through social networks and, if you are not talking directly to your audience through social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, you are missing out! Excellent social media marketing can bring remarkable success to your business, creating lawyers dedicated to the brand and even generating leads and sales.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing, or SMM, is a form of Internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social networks to achieve your marketing and brand goals. Social media marketing includes activities such as posting text and image updates, videos and other content that drives public participation, as well as paid advertising on social media.
We created this guide to provide an introduction to social media marketing and some initial tips and training on social media marketing to improve the social presence of your company.
With these tips, you can start developing your own specialized social media marketing plan.
Social networks and marketing: start with a plan
Before you start creating social media marketing campaigns, consider your company’s objectives. Starting a social media marketing campaign without a social strategy is like walking through a forest without a map: you can have fun, but you will probably get lost.
Here are some questions to ask when setting your social media marketing goals:
• What do you hope to achieve with social media marketing?
• Who is your target audience?
• Where would your target audience be and how would they use social networks?
• What message do you want to send to your audience with social media marketing?
For example, an e-commerce or travel company, being very visual, can get a lot of value from a strong presence on Instagram or Pinterest. A cross-marketing or marketing company can find more influence on Twitter or Linkedin.
How social media marketing can help you achieve your marketing goals
Social media marketing can help with several objectives, such as:
• Increase website traffic
• Building conversions
• Increase brand awareness.
• Create a brand identity and a positive brand association.
• Improve communication and interaction with key audiences.
The larger and more committed your audience is on social media, the easier it will be for you to achieve all other marketing goals on your list!
The best social media marketing tips
Ready to start social media marketing? Here are some social media marketing tips to start your social media campaigns.
• Social media content planning: as discussed above, it is essential to create a social media marketing plan. Consider keyword research and competitive research to help discuss content ideas that interest your target audience. What are other companies doing in your industry to promote social media engagement?
• Excellent social content: according to other areas of online marketing, content is paramount when it comes to social media marketing. Publish regularly and offer really valuable information that your ideal clients will find useful and interesting. The content you share on your social networks can include social media images, videos, infographics, practical guides and more.
• A consistent brand image: the use of social networks for marketing allows your company to project your brand image on a variety of social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, the central identity of your company, whether friendly, fun or reliable, must remain consistent.
• Social networks for content promotion: social media marketing is a perfect channel to share your best website and blog content with readers. Once you have created loyal followers on social networks, you can publish all your new content and make sure your readers can find news immediately. In addition, the excellent content of the blog will help you create more followers. It is an incredible way for content marketing and social media marketing to benefit.
• Share selected links: While using social media for marketing is an excellent way to take advantage of your own original content to gain followers, fans and devotees, it is also an opportunity to create links to external articles. If other sources provide excellent and valuable information that you believe your target audience will enjoy, feel free to link them. Selecting and linking to external sources increases trust and reliability, and you can even receive some links in return.
• Track competitors: it is always important to monitor your competitors, as they can provide valuable data for keyword research and other information on social media marketing. If your competitors are using a particular channel or social media marketing technique that seems to be working for them, consider doing the same, but do better!
• Measuring success with Google Analytics: You cannot determine the success of your social media marketing strategies without tracking data. Google Analytics can be used as an excellent social media marketing tool that will help you evaluate your most successful social media marketing techniques, as well as determine which strategies are best abandoned. Attach tracking tags to your social media marketing campaigns to be able to monitor them properly. And remember to use analysis on each social platform to get even more information about which of your social content works best with your audience.
• Social media crisis management : things are not always good for brands in social networks. It is better to have a manual so that your employees know how to handle a problem. See our crisis management guide on social networks for examples of the worst disasters in social networks, as well as advice on how they should have been treated.